Headlines News :
Home » » Not moving to Dior 'was probably best for everyone' - Marc Jacobs

Not moving to Dior 'was probably best for everyone' - Marc Jacobs

"It's a really great honour,' Jacobs told the Telegraph . "It's going to be a super animated, really great exhibition. I'm really proud of everyone here, proud for everyone here. As a New Yorker, I love Paris and I never in my wildest dreams as a teenager dreamed I would have a job working for this big luxury company. Now 15 years on, there is this thing at the Musée des Arts Decoratifs at the Louvre - it is really beyond my wildest dreams. It makes me very emotional - in a good way."

After months of silence, Marc Jacobs has finally addressed the rumors that he would at some point take over creative direction at the house of Dior.

...Vuitton is probably thrilled that the Dior offer is off the table—for now. “I am at Vuitton, and I am very happy there,” says Jacobs. “I’ve been saying that for a long time. There have been on-and-off conversations about Dior. I don’t know; maybe someday in the future, maybe years from now, I may end up going someplace else, maybe Dior. But right now I am at Vuitton, and all that matters to me is that that’s where I am and I’m going to keep doing my thing.” He pauses for a moment and then, as if he can’t help himself, goes on: “The irony in all of this is that I don’t dream of doing anything else, or I didn’t. My greatest challenge is to do something better than we’ve done the season before. The idea of couture doesn’t hold that thing for me. It’s archaic—in my opinion. I mean, I am really interested in the craftsmanship behind couture. But I can explore all that in ready-to-wear. With couture, one dress each season is photographed by a couple of magazines; there’s no advertising; it reaches 20 customers. I don’t feel there is anything lacking in what we do. I get to work with these amazing craftsmen. Maybe not the same ateliers that would make a couture dress, but, again, we are not in a deficit for working with people who create beautiful things. I am not sure I ever looked at couture as this great opportunity.” With that, he lets out a big laugh, surprising even himself with his candor.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !



 
Support : Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © Fashion news - All Rights Reserved